The Hard Hitting Antibacterial
COMPOSITION – Cefpodoxime Proxetil IP 200 mg (Dispersible Tablets)
- No compromise cefpodoxime for instant results
- Ensure higher efficacy against tough infections
- Broad spectrum activity covers Gram (+ive) & Gram(-tive) pathogens
- Achieve superior bacterial eradication and cure rate.
- Pharyngitis & Tonsillitis
- AECB & Acute CAP
- Acute uncomplicated gonorrhoea
- Uncomplicated UTI
- Skin & skin structure infections
Cefpodoxime Proxetil IP 200mg (Dispersible Tablets)
Drug Class: Cephalosporin antibiotics
- Cefpodoxime proxetil is a semi-synthetic, oral third-generation cephalosporin with a broad spectrum of antibacterial activity.
- The drug has in vitro activity against many common Gram-positive and Gram-negative pathogens associated with common pediatric infections, (GI tract disturbances and skin rashes).
- Well tolerated and demonstrates good bacteriological and clinical efficacy in pediatric patients, with adverse events that are consistent with those reported for other oral cephalosporins.1
- The drug is available for use as a prodrug-Cefpodoxime proxetil, which is absorbed readily from the gut.
- It reaches adequate levels exceeding the Minimal Inhibitory Concentration in most of the body fluids.
- It is excreted by kidneys, unchanged. The dose needs adjustment in compromised renal function.