- A derivate of the Adhatoda vasica plant, enhances the secretion of various mucus components by modifying the physicochemical characteristics of mucus.
- Common mucolytic cough suppressant in respiratory diseases.
- Amplifies the actions of the antibiotics when co-administered. 1
- Early oral administration reduces the ICU transfer, intubation, and mortality rate in patients with COVID-19. 2
- A centrally acting non-narcotic antitussive.
- Has a broad inhibiting efficacy on cough reflex sensitivity. 3
- A potent, less sedative antihistaminic drug, which acts by inhibiting histamine release from mast cells.
- Known to have anticholinergic properties. 4
- A mucoactive drug, acts by loosening mucus in the airways and making coughs more productive.
- Safe and effective expectorant for the treatment of mucus-related symptoms in acute URTIs and stable chronic bronchitis. \
- Has a well-established and favorable safety and tolerability profile. 5
- Acute bronchitis
- Chronic bronchitis
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases